- Prep Time:
- 20 min
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
Mash eggs with a fork. Add green onions, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix together until well combined.
Butter each bread slice. Spread egg salad mixture on half the slices. Cap with remaining bread slices, buttered side down.
Check-out the Newcombes' Homemade Mayonnaise recipe in the related links below!