- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) brown sugar
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) ground flax
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) baking soda
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) baking powder
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) canola oil
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup ( 175 mL ) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups ( 750 mL ) grated zucchini
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs, oil and applesauce; mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake completely before adding your favourite frosting.
Makes 12-14 servings.
Tip: Bake in a 9x13-inch baking pan at 350°F (175°C) for 50-55 minutes.