- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL ) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) baking powder
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) baking soda
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground ginger
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) salt
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ( 2.5 mL ) ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) ground anise or fennel seeds
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ( 250 mL ) granulated sugar
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- ½ cup ( 125 mL ) butter, melted
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed, about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9 x 5 inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, salt, cardamom, allspice, cloves, anise and pepper. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Whisk in bananas until combined; stir into flour mixture.
Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until tester inserted into centre comes out clean, approximately 60 to 65 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
Wrap and store banana bread at room temperature for up to 2 days or wrap in heavy-duty foil for up to 2 weeks.
Fold 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips into the batter for a chai chocolate banana bread if desired.