- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup ( 60 mL ) low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely chopped rehydrated or well drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tsp ( 20 mL ) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) salt
- Pinch pepper
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- Small fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
Remove yolks. With fork, mash yolks; add mayonnaise, mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Refill whites with yolk mixture. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator. Use within 2 days.
Choose eggs that have been in your refrigerator for a few days for hard boiling rather than very fresh eggs, as less fresh eggs will be easier to peel.