- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped rehydrated or well drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 tsp (20 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- Pinch pepper
- Chopped sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- Small fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
Remove yolks. With fork, mash yolks; add mayonnaise, mustard, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Refill whites with yolk mixture. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Serve immediately or cover and store in refrigerator. Use within 2 days.
Choose eggs that have been in your refrigerator for a few days for hard-cooking rather than very fresh eggs, as less fresh eggs will be easier to peel.