- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 10 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pumpkin seeds
Fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side; heat to gentle simmer. Stir in vinegar. Break cold egg into small dish or saucer. Holding dish just above simmering water, gently slip egg into water; repeat with remaining eggs. Cook in barely simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired. Remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel.
Heat half of the oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook garlic for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add spinach; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to wilt. Season with half each of the salt and pepper.
Toss together quinoa, lemon juice and remaining olive oil; divide evenly among 4 bowls. Top with cooked spinach, avocado, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds. Top with poached eggs. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
Tip: Substitute crumbled feta for goat cheese if desired.