- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups (170 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- Grated rind of one medium orange (about 1 tbsp/15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk (1%)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spray twelve muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, orange rind and salt in large bowl; mix well. Stir in cheese and blueberries.
Whisk eggs, milk, oil and vanilla in medium bowl until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until golden brown and firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
These muffins freeze well. To reheat, wrap one muffin in a paper towel and microwave on Defrost until warm, about 1 1/2 minutes.