- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) dry rotini pasta
- 6 eggs
- 1 container (300 g) light ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable seasoning (see below)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) assorted cooked vegetables (e.g. broccoli florets, diced carrots, peas, sliced green beans)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded light Cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Cook pasta in medium saucepan according to package directions or until just tender, about 10 minutes.
While pasta is cooking, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, vegetable seasoning, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper until combined.
Drain pasta, then return it to saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add egg mixture and vegetables. Stir frequently until mixture thickens slightly and vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add cheese and stir until melted. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Instead of vegetable seasoning, use a heaping 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of dried basil, thyme and oregano.
If using frozen vegetables, add to the pasta in the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain with pasta.