- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) farro
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 19 oz (540 g) (1 can) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 lemon wedges
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook cauliflower, onion, garlic, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still firm.
Stir in beans, tomatoes and pesto; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in farro until well combined. Divide evenly among four large, shallow bowls. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut each egg in half; arrange over farro. Serve with lemon wedges.
Sneak in green veggies by adding a handful of baby spinach or shredded kale to the farro near the end of cooking time for a few minutes until wilted.