- Prep Time:
- 8 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- 2 tsp ( 10 mL ) vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) finely chopped onion
- ⅔ cup ( 170 mL ) chopped tomato
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) grated ginger root
- 1-2 minced green chillies (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground cumin
- 1 tsp ( 5 mL ) ground turmeric
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) salt
- ¼ tsp ( 1.25 mL ) pepper
- 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) finely chopped cilantro or parsley
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes.
Stir in tomato, gingerroot, chilies, cumin and turmeric; cook for 2 minutes.
Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Stir eggs into tomato mixture; add half of cilantro. Cook, stirring until soft, thick curds form.
Serve immediately, topped with remaining cilantro.
Increase the heat of this dish by adding more green chilies.