- Prep Time:
- 8 min
- Cook Time:
- 12 min
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) chopped tomato
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated gingerroot
- 1-2 minced green chillies (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped cilantro or parsley
Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes.
Stir in tomato, gingerroot, chilies, cumin and turmeric; cook for 2 minutes.
Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Stir eggs into tomato mixture; add half of cilantro. Cook, stirring until soft, thick curds form.
Serve immediately, topped with remaining cilantro.
Increase the heat of this dish by adding more green chilies.