- Prep Time:
- 5 min
- Cook Time:
- 15 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) salt reduced chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) sesame oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bean sprouts or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) slivered red pepper or diced water chestnuts
Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch in small saucepan. Stir in chicken broth and sesame oil. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in green onion. Keep warm until preparing omelettes.
Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook mushrooms until softened; remove and set aside. Whisk two eggs in medium bowl until frothy; stir in mushrooms. Pour one-third of mixture per omelette into skillet. Spread mushrooms evenly. Cook until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm; repeat process with next two eggs, stirring in sprouts. Repeat with remaining two eggs and red pepper. Stack one of each type of omelette on three plates.
Drizzle sauce over pancakes or serve on the side for dipping.
Add chopped cooked meat or small shrimp to pancakes, if desired.