- Prep Time:
- 15 min
- Cook Time:
- 60 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flax
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups (750 mL) grated zucchini
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease and flour a Bundt pan; set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa, flax, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add the eggs, oil and applesauce; mix well. Fold in the nuts and zucchini until they are evenly distributed. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cake completely before adding your favourite frosting.
Makes 12-14 servings.
Tip: Bake in a 9x13-inch baking pan at 350°F (175°C) for 50-55 minutes.