Poached Eggs Primavera
prep. time 15 min.
cook time 10 min.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add chicken broth. Cook and stir until mixture comes to boil; simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream (if using), parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Keep sauce hot or reheat before serving.
- Cook fresh asparagus in small amount of water until tender crisp; drain. Divide into four bundles and wrap each bundle with slice of ham. Reheat in microwave on High (100% power) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes before serving.
- Cut circles out of bread slices using a 4-inch (10 cm) round cutter; set aside to toast when ready to serve.
- Fill saucepan with at least 3 inches (8 cm) of water. Heat until water simmers gently. Break cold egg into small dish. Holding dish just above simmering water, gently slip egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook in barely simmering water until white is set and yolk is cooked as desired, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and drain well on paper towel.
- Place a heated ham and asparagus bundle on each of four plates. Place two eggs on two toasted bread cut-outs on each plate. Spoon warm sauce over top.