Luscious Lemon Cheese Pie
prep. time 15 min.
cook time 55 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cheese Layer: Place pastry shell on baking sheet.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and blend well. Spread evenly in pastry shell.
- Lemon Layer: Whisk eggs in medium bowl. Add corn syrup, lemon rind, lemon juice, cornstarch and butter. Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cheese layer. (Pie will be very full.) Carefully transfer baking sheet with pie to oven.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (180°C) oven until set and golden, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on rack, then chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving. Garnish with lemon rind, if desired.
If desired, to prevent spillage, place unbaked pie on oven rack before adding lemon layer. Pour lemon filling into pie and bake as directed.